A Mini Emotional Roller Coaster

Today I went to the Commissary. It's mid-October. The Halloween items were in the seasonal display nook to the left of me. Quick mental accounting – next week will do for buying candy. A little further on the seasonal summer fruits were finally gone (this is CA after all). Instead, the Christmas stuff was out. Pang. Though it was opposite of what I endured for almost 2 years. This pang was – oh! I bet wives are planning their husbands’ care packages already. And then a reflexive Oh! for myself, as my mind started to put together a mental care package list for my husband. But it stopped itself with a realization. He’s HOME. Then I was flooded with sadness for what was, followed by relief for what is. All in about 2 seconds. 10/16/09

1 comment:

  1. What a moving post. Those of us without a military spouse, child, or parent cannot know deep down what this is like. Please know that we are thankful for what you and your husband risk. Everything.

    ReplyDelete